Thursday, January 12, 2017


From what I have read so far, the book Eleanor & Park is an innocent young love story. While reading this story, it makes you feel young and help you remember to be thankful and appreciative of the simple things in life. The characters in the book appreciate the little things about each other which makes them fall in love. I have never been the type of person to enjoy reading and have always hated being assigned books to read in class. When I first read the email saying we were going to have to read all of these books I kind of had this “Oh no” thought. As I started reading, it came to my surprise that I was getting more and more interested in the book. I found that I wasn’t dreading to continue reading and that I was able to follow the story very well and even relate to it in some ways. I really enjoyed how the book goes back and forth between Eleanor’s point of view and Park’s point of view, at first it was a little confusing but as I went on I found it helpful. The story explains the middle school bus setting so perfectly and its nice how the story brings together two completely different types of kids. It really touched my heart that this poor girl Eleanor goes through such a rough start as the new girl in school and has to live with such a rough at home life, she finds her only happiness and escape path through Park. Just thinking about seeing Park made Eleanor so happy and that’s what I find to be so cute. You can tell how much each young lover cares about the other one even with so few words being spoken. I think in the world today people need to start to look at the little things in life more and begin to appreciate people for the things that matter such as a good personality rather than material goods.
http://www.rainbowrowell.com/eleanor-park/
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/books/review/eleanor-park-by-rainbow-rowell.html

6 comments:

  1. The story has extremely good sensory detail. It puts the reader in the state of mind that he or she is in the story themselves, as you mentioned it being relatable to your own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the story is totally relatable. I even had some instances where I saw myself doing the exact thing. It really has a strong sense of detail that pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your closing sentence, If people could get past the shallow aspects and appreciate someone for who they are then I think the world would be a slightly better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with you on you attention to detail. its a very strong point and you closing sentence is extremely well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the relationship develops between them, getting stronger and stronger. Eventually they just start to appreciate each other for who they are and thats really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your blog! I agree reading Eleanor and Park dose make you feel young! While reading this book I couldn't help but think of my first.

    ReplyDelete